Ham and Cheese Croissant Casserole
Croissants, ham, cheese and eggs snuggle down in a casserole. Try this easy make-ahead recipe for breakfast or brunch.
Prep: 15 mins
Total: 1 hr 30 mins
- 3 large croissants (5 inches)
- 1 package (8 oz) chopped cooked ham
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese (5 oz)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, if desired
- Spray 10-inch glass deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray. Cut croissants in half lengthwise; cut each half into 5 pieces. Place pieces in pie plate. Sprinkle with ham and cheese.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half, honey, mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg with whisk.
- Pour egg mixture over ingredients in pie plate; press croissant pieces into egg mixture to moisten completely. Cover tightly with foil; refrigerate at least 8 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 325°F. Bake casserole covered 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Photo credit and recipe source: BettyCrocker.com
Orange Creamsicle Mimosas
You know peaches ‘n cream are a delicious pair, but have you tried orange juice and cream? Together they taste just like a creamsicle.
Prep: 5 mins
Bake: 5 mins
- Orange slices, for garnish
- 1/4 c. sugar, for rimming champagne flutes
- 1 c. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 bottle champagne, prosecco, or cava
- Rim champagne flutes with an orange slice and dip in sugar. Set aside.
- In a tall glass, stir together orange juice and heavy cream until combined. Pour into champagne flutes and top off with champagne.
- Garnish with orange wedge.
Photo credit and recipe source: Delish.com
Mini Sausage Quiches
Prep: 25 mins
Bake: 20 mins
- 1/2 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, brown sausage and onion over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chives.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Cut into 48 pieces. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- Fill each with about 2 teaspoons of sausage mixture. In a large bowl, combine the eggs and cheeses. Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. If desired, sprinkle with additional minced chives. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Make these gluten-free by skipping the crescent roll crust.
Photo credit and recipe source: Taste of Home
Originally published as Mini Sausage Quiches in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p39